45 Best Clean Eating Quick Lunch and Snack Foods
Life is QUICK! So much has happened since I posted Top Clean Eating Breakfast Foods. Hunter is working with a former major league pitcher and has a college coach wanting to see him. His girlfriend is leaving for college as I write this to double-major in Veterinary Medicine and Criminology (Pet Detective? – just kidding!). I am NOT back-to-school shopping; that part of our lives has passed and I am a little sad about it actually. But, not getting up at 6 a.m. to harass Hunter out of bed a half-dozen times while making breakfast and school lunch has me smiling! Time for grandkids, right!
I have not been back on the scale, we fell off the clean-eating wagon and are getting back on, the wagon and the scale! I am starting an AdvoCare 24 day challenge and have set a goal of 12 pounds. I am looking forward to doing this after having read so many wonderful things about this company and their products. I recently became a Distributor to get the discount and am looking at the opportunity; right now I just need to get some of this weight off. No sense surviving cancer only to die from heart disease because you do not eat properly!
These clean-eating foods will help me stay on track once I finish the challenge. I mentioned in part one how the Whole Foods Market and Health Food stores overwhelmed me. It can get confusing, all the choices, labels, unfamiliar products and vocabulary:
- Organic – produced by organic farming
- Sustainable – farming that sustains the environment and contribute to local economy
- Gluten Free – does not contain any wheat, rye, barley, or crossbreeds of these grains
- GMO-free – Contains no genetically modified organisms
- Sugar free – contains no sugar
- Vegans – do not consume meat, eggs, milk, honey or use any products derived from animals.
- Vegetarians – do not eat meat in varying degrees but will use animal products like leather
- Raw Diet – eating only raw uncooked foods
I hope this list, along with our list of 17 favorite Breakfast Foods helps cuts some of the ‘Noise” and the mystery out of it for you!
A continuing series, over the next few weeks and months I will share our Top 100 Clean Eating Food grocery list continuing here with LUNCH, DRINKS and SNACKS:
These items are low-sugar, GMO free and low in sodium, are organic or sustainably sourced and most importantly, they taste great!
I included links for additional information an to order online if you prefer to shop that way. I am not affiliated in any way wth any of these products and receive NO compensation. All opinions are my own.
- Fig Foods Gran Farro e Fagioli is wonderful! With 9 grams of fiber it only has 180 calories and 260 mg sodium!
- Lotus Foods Organic Forbidden Rice Ramen Gluten Free, Organic and ready in 4 minutes made from black rice instead of wheat and Vegan.
- Noma Lim Asian Lemongrass Soup One of many incredibly flavored soups like Carrot Ginger and Thai Green Curry.
- Health Valley Organic Minestrone Soup, No Salt Added I Love Minestrone, if I am not enjoying my own Easy Crockpot Minestrone Soup I buy this!
- Imagine Foods Light Creamy Organic Sweet Potato Soup is smooth, creamy, nutritious and lower in sodium.
- Edwards & Sons Lower Sodium Miso Cup Only 270 mg of sodium if you like Miso like I do this is a good choice.
- Harvest Sensations Organic Kale Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette I really like the dressing.
- Readypac Bistro Organic Powerhouse Grains Salad – with Spring mix, wheat berries, Quinoa, vegggies and an orange vinaigrette 260 cal.
- Earthbound Farms Organic Powermeal Southwest Salad Bowl with a tomatillo avocado dressing is yummy and gluten free!
- Cut N’ Clean Super Kale Salad Kit with Toasted Sesame Vinaigrette Cut small like a chopped salad this is easy and complete.
- ReadyPac Organic Cranberry Walnut Salad Bowl I need to walk a little farther after this one but it’s worth it!
- Made in Nature Organic Ancient Grain Fusion Sweet microwaveable pouches of ancient grains, veggies and spices!
- Organic Bistro Bowls Sesame Ginger Wild Salmon Sustainable fishing 280 calories per serving and 16g of protein, microwavable!
- Nick’s Sticks – LOVE these! Grass Fed Beef – no hormones, no dyes – pure protein – available in beef or turkey.
- Amy’s Kitchen Samosa Wrap Light and spicy made with tofu and a wheat tortilla these are vegan and really very good!
- Organic Sunshine Burgers Loco Chipotle Quarter Pound Veggie Burger is spicy and smoky. It’s great with salsa and guac in lettuce leaves!
- ReadyPac Thai Peanut Crunch Wrap Kit I love Thai food , they make others too like Turkey Avocado and Garlic Herb Caesar.
Bread, Crackers and Chips
- Finn Crisp Organic Sourdough Rye Lactose free, no soy, high fiber, no milk, no egg, may have traces of sesame seeds.
- Sprouted For Life’s Gluten-Free 3 Seed Bread Made from Sprouted Grains such as Quinoa, Millet and Chia.
- Dave’s Killer Bread Organic Good Seed Thin-Slice Bread High in Omega3’s and only 70 calories per slice made from a 4 seed blend (has gluten).
- Rhythm Superfoods Organic Kale Chips Nacho Flavor My son even loved these, they are gluten free and vegan.
- Rhythm Baked Superfood Chips Made from pea protein, broccoli and carrots but you would never know! These are great!
- Lundberg Farms Organic Smoky Maple Rice Chips Are 100% whole grain and low in sodium @ 80 mg!
- Rudi’s Gluten Free Cherry Almond Bars Raise the bar on gluten free snacking! Not dry, they are moist and chewy. Love these!
- Wonderfully Raw Cheezy Herb Truffle Snips – Trust me these are better than Kale chips! Once an aphrodisiac, they are parsnip chips!
- Chic-a-Peas Sweet BBQ Baked Crunchy Chickpeas (also have sea salt, salsa and falafel flavors). A great snack when you have a craving.
- La Preferida Organic Salsa – we found it at WalMart and it is awesome!
- LesserEvil Buddha Bowl Himalayan Pink Organic Popcorn We like their Feta and Black Olive Chia crisps too!
- Lifeway Fat-Free Farmer Cheese is 99% lactose free high in protein and calcium. I like to dip carrots and celery in it.
- Pita Pal Organic Hummus Low in sodium, 1g sugar, high in fiber, protein and iron.
- Wild Planet White Anchovies Non-GMO they are smaller with a clean, mild flavor while high in calcium and Omega-3’s.
- Numi Organic Amber Sun Turmeric Tea Reduces inflammation and just make me feel better all over!
- Inko’s Organic Honeysuckle White Tea Organic with no harsh aftertaste from the tannins, sweetened with honeysuckle – it’s great.
- HiBall Grapefruit Sparkling Energy Water Zero sugar zero anything but great taste.
- Califia Double Espresso Pure Cold Brew Coffee with Almondmilk It’s a kick in the pants if you drink caffeine, I know, it’s a drug!
- Califia Hazelnut Almondmilk Coffee Creamer – Only 15 calories instead of 70 and 3g sugar.
- Lifeway Perfect 12 Kefir Orange Cream Sweetened with Stevia it a great source of probiotics in every delicious sip!
Desserts and Sweeter Treats
- Lily’s Chocolate Bar Stevia-sweetened 40% chocolate with milk no sugar and 20% fewer calories when you just gotta have it! Salted Almond is my fave.
- Nancy’s Organic Non-Fat Probiotic Blueberry Greek Yogurt With all the yucky info out there about what’s in yogurt I am good with this one!
- RawMio Almond Chocolate Cookie Dough Spread I spread mine on Finn Crackers – with only 4g sugar RawMio’s superfood spreads are a nice treat.
- Ginny’s Minis Chocolate Chip Love While were on treats! These little cookies are only 150 calories a pack and crush my cravings!
- Amy’s Kitchen Mint Chocolate Chip Cool Scoops Organic Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert Again, another mile walked and it’s worth it!
- Living Raw Organic Hippie Hemp Chocolate Truffles are A-mazing! They make others too!!!
- Stoneyfield Organic Petite Creme’ Plain and Simple Is high protein, low-fat and creamy, more like a pudding than yogurt, in several flavors.
- NadaMoo Bananas for PB & Chocolate With all my favorite ingredients and only 7g of sugar!
I hope this list of 45 Best Clean Eating Quick Lunch and Snack Foods comes in handy, bookmark it so it’s available next time you head to the market. I look forward to hearing from you, what are your favorite healthy prepared foods, and what do you like from this list?
With a smile, Carlyn Bullock